Assumes responsibility for maintenance performed on any aircraft assigned for work.
1. Adhere to all directions and instructions given by the supervisor and aid them where and whenever possible to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
2. Keep informed of all procedures, methods and practices performed by the maintenance organization and to seek out available information pertinent to his functions.
3. Ensure that all utilized shop equipment and tools are in a serviceable and working condition. Breakage of tools and equipment shall be reported to the Materials Department so that repair and replacement of same can be effected immediately.
4. Maintain the premises of the maintenance organization in a clean and orderly manner and that all tools and equipment are returned to their proper place for future use (to preclude their loss or damage) as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
5. Ensure use of the necessary applicable overhaul manuals, Service and Parts Manuals, Service Letters and Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and any other required technical data are kept in a clean and orderly manner and returned to their proper place when the work is completed or the shift terminates.
6. Ensure proper handling of all parts (units, assemblies) and aircraft, while in the repair process as well as all documentation is kept current as to open discrepancies and completed corrective actions.
7. Ensure that all required inspection records, inspection forms, identification tags and other pertinent forms are properly executed and that said forms are updated daily or in a timely manner so as to preclude delays or loss of productivity.
8. Ensure installation of correct and applicable replacement parts, materials and supplies, needed to perform the assigned tasks, and that there is no confusion as to aircraft or article parts assignments. If parts or materials are not available, inform the Lead Mechanic or Manager for further instructions with regards to initiating parts or material requisitions and follow through with the instructions given.
9. Have a well rounded diversity of hand tools with which to perform his duties. Tools of a special nature will be provided by the company. He will ensure an operational system whereby all his tools will be accounted for after completion of assignment thus precluding their loss in areas of the aircraft where, if they were to remain, it would cause a hazard to the flight operations of the aircraft.
10. Maintain the work area’s, buildings and materials, which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean and operative condition.
12. Daily attendance is essential for this position.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Requires Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have valid Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics certificate for at least two years.
Exposed to typical flightline conditions such as engine noise, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
Working areas naturally ventilated and mechanically heated when required.
Work may be performed while exposed to elements of weather.
Some travel required.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
Requires lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Requires physical effort associated with standing / walking / sitting.
Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and / or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of duties.
Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required, and the ability to push / pull, i.e.: open / close file cabinets and / or handle machinery.
Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
Requires use of either foot or both for operation of foot controls of machinery.
Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.
Requires sustained periods of concentration.
Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision making.
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #:
Location/Region: Little Rock, AR (US)