Job Description About Us:
Community Health Systems (CHS)is one of the nation’s largest publicly traded healthcare companies. The organization’s affiliates own, operate, or lease 155 hospitals in 22 states, with an aggregate of nearly 27,000 licensed beds. Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Generous Vacation and Holiday Plans,Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Supplemental Savings Plan, and Disability Insurance. Job Requirements POSITION SUMMARY:
The Configuration Management Database Analyst will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities. This will be done in compliance with the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) V3 framework. This role will work with the Customers to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of Configurable Items. Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
- Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
- Ability to develop SQL queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy.
- Works closely with Product Teams and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB.
- Produce and execute a plan for implementing the Configuration Management processes.
- Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards.
- Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with ITIL v3 framework.
- Act as a key stakeholder supporting key CMDB activities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS DESIRED/REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes.
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM solution.
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, ServiceNow Asset Management; reconciliation of discovery data in ServiceNow Discovery Tool
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools and relational databases.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates should have understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
Location/Region: Franklin, WI (US)