Logistics Analyst – Night Shift Growth Opportunities
Summary: The Airgas Logistics Operations Center inIndependence, OHis experiencing growth due to the high demand of our products. We need experienced detail-oriented candidates with backgrounds in logistics, supply chain, economics, or transportation to support our logistical planning operations. The Logistics Analyst has the responsibility of accurately forecasting bulk product deliveries by planning and adjusting scheduled trips to ensure customer service levels and efficiency of operations with available resources while supporting the Airgas Merchant Gases safety culture and adherence to DOT rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Must be able to work a 12 hour shift within our 24/7 hour operation including nights and weekends
• High level of ability to multi-task in a fast-paced / high volume call center environment required.
• Strong focus to exceed customer expectations through accurate forecasting, adjusting, planning and scheduling deliveries of bulk cryogenic gases in a timely and efficient manner.
• Excellent computer skills with attention to detail to confirm systems data (tank readings, telemetry readings, planned deliveries); determine and adjust delivery schedule for customer accounts.
• Effectively communicate with production, distribution and sales departments to exceed internal and external customer expectations by ensuring uninterrupted supply and delivery of bulk gases.
• Effectively communicate with drivers, external customers, terminal managers, maintenance personnel, customer service technicians and others to carry out daily functions.
• Manage diverse issues of internal and external customers in a timely manner.
• Support Airgas Merchant Gases safety culture to assist in safe deliveries to customer sites and support drivers to adhere to DOT rules and regulations
• College degree with emphasis in supply chain, operations management, logistics, or business administration is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• College degree with emphasis in supply chain, operations management, logistics, or business administration is preferred. COMPUTER SKILLS:
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Advanced communication skills including active listening.
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment.
• Flexibility to switch gears with little notice.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
• Analytical abilities.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy.
• Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
• Strong follow up skills MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Primary Location:United States-Ohio-Independence-44131
Job Posting:Jun 2, 2017, 3:49:32 PM
Location/Region: Independence, OH (US)