Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Documents and compile’s management’s internal control assessment.
• Manages the completion of internal control and U.S. GAAP audits and associated risk assessments.
• Performs documentation and evaluation of company level controls as part of annual self-assessment.
• Develops written reports and presentations to communicate results and produce recommendations after reviewing results of internal and external audit work.
• Supervises staff in areas of control; provide direction based on general policies and management guidance; lead the centralized functional activity.
• Establishes operational objectives and assignments, and delegates assignments to assigned staff.
• Ensures projects are completed on schedule and within budget; conduct briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
• Develop, modify, communicate and provide training on internal control policies.
• Develops solutions to a wide range of problems, leveraging full knowledge of GAAP, Corning policies, and COSO Framework.
• Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
• Participate in integrated scoping of external audit efforts and management of Corning’s preparedness for external audit procedures and deliverables to auditors.
Projects involved with:
• Lead management’s internal control assessment in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley Act, including training, coach network development, documentation of results, and management of issues and resolution.
• Direct interaction and coordination of activities of outsourced internal auditors in performance of management’s annual assessment of internal controls and execution of testing.
• Assist Manager with integration of internal and external audit scopes and extent of efforts.
• Manage preparedness for and deliverables to external auditors.
• Create, interpret and communicate internal control policies and procedures; provide training and guidance to businesses and corporate customers.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Resource allocation of staff and internal/external auditors, Exercising judgment in application and interpretation of internal control policies and procedures
Decision making in hiring of new employees and staff development, o Exercising leadership in training initiatives.
• 5 to 10 years of audit or audit related work experience.
• Experience executing a range of internal audit procedures and risk assessments, producing reports and insights based on results, with supervision.
• Experience designing and validating proposed improvements to existing audit processes, standards and tools, under supervision.
• Experience helping produce part or all of audit result briefings to team to both internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to execute internal controls testing and synthesize results into actionable improvements and reports.
• Experience creating and delivering presentations for internal learning, training events and/or business discussions.
• Experience coaching and providing regular feedback to team members.
Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent, CPA is preferred
Must be strong in organizational and planning skills Must have strong communication and influencing skills
Up to 20% travel based on audit schedule and personnel staffing
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)