Responsible for laying out, fabricating, assembling and installing piping and piping refrigeration systems for new construction and remodeling of supermarkets.
- Cut pipe using pipe cutters and cutting torch.
- Bend pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools or machine.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and non-metal pipe and pipe fittings, including: copper and plastic.
- Join pipe by means of caulked, soldered, brazed or cemented joints.
- Use hand tools to safely secure pipe to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
- Install insulation on copper piping.
- Install refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including: compressors, pumps, meters and piping.
- Set and trim out cases.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by foreman or supervisor.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance available
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation, birthday and holidays
This position requires knowledge of commercial HVAC/R installation, the ability to safely hang evaporation coils and install overhead hangers and piping in accordance with instruction to ensure a timely and quality completion of the project. Pipefitting and welding experience strongly preferred. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
- Must have the ability to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, wear a portable respirator and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must have the ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite, e.g.; uneven surfaces, close quarters, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, overtime and out-of-town travel
- EPA Certification a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent and trade or technical classes.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of and the ability to work with hand and power tools.
- Basic HVAC tools required
Location/Region: Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)