Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
- End to End Project Management including Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution and Project Closure.
- Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including cost reductions, process improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration’s, ERP upgrades, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions.
- Create project charters, project plans, resource plans, cost estimates
- Manage project resources to achieve project deliverables
- Reviews project spend budget and forecast variances to identify areas for action.
- Provide regular project updates to Sponsor, Steerage, and PMO’s
- Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective resolution
- Document and track activities, scope changes and lessons learned
- Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget and deliverables are met.
- May be asked to lead multi-million dollar projects or multiple smaller scope projects depending on project portfolio and business needs
Travel Requirements: 25-50% domestic/international travel possible depending on project(s) assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Project management work experiences.
- Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
- Demonstrate Project Management skills and experiences
- Process Improvement Experience
- Functional business experience (Finance, Procurement, HR, IT…)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
- Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Exceptional Follow Through
- Demonstrates initiative and effectively manages self and team through a fast paced environment
- Multi-Tasking – Ability to manage multiple priorities/activities
- Understanding of Shared Services Operations
- Understanding of Corning Functional processes (Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.)
- Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Green Belt certification
- Strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high level management
- Leadership skills to engage business leadership and leverage talent in a matrix organization
- Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable,
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity
- Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
- Highly Collaborative
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)