Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Charlotte
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Reporting to the AVP of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (“GRC”) of Brighthouse Financial, the Manager of IT Risk Management will support the development and implementation of theIT Risk Management program andframeworkto effectively manage risks across IT processes and systems that support business operations.
The Manager will lead a lean, cross-functional internal team that is supported by service providers. The Manager will also be responsible for collaborating with Brighthouse Financial’s cybersecurity, operational risk management, legal, compliance, third party risk management, audit functions as well as the GRC solution enablement team.
The Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic plan for IT Risk Management using leading practices and methodologies to support and achieve long-range organizational goals. As part of implementing the program and framework, the Manager should:
- Serve as the primary IT Risk Management subject matter advisor for Brighthouse Financial
- Provide guidance and direction for the IT Risk Management program, including the development and implementation of IT risk methodologies, guidelines, procedures, processes, controls, reporting and leading practices
- Act as the IT risk management liaison between various groups dealing with IT risk matters
- Facilitate IT risk assessment/analysis and issues management for IT risks
- Act as governing body for IT risk monitoring of status on progress against the risk framework
- Assist with the design and coordination of IT risk reporting to Brighthouse key stakeholders
- Develop, implement and manage an IT Risk awareness program
- Train and develop IT Risk Management team members
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Systems, Business Administration, or related major).
- 6+ years of professional experience in IT Risk Management, particularly in the financial services industry.
- Strong communicator, creative, intelligent, self-disciplined and highly industrious.
- Enjoys working in a growth oriented, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
- Basic understanding of risk management practices, including the lifecycle of risk identification, mitigation, acceptance, remediation as well as inherent and residual risks.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, and developing IT Risk Management solutions in multiple business verticals and horizontals.
Brighthouse Financial is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Brighthouse Financial’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Brighthouse Financial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an employment application, please contact our Employee Relations Department at 1-866-635-9230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other unrelated inquires will not be acknowledged.
74423 Nearest Major Market:
Location/Region: Charlotte, NC (US)