- Phone work setting appointments with existing clients.
- Providing administrative support to VALIC sales professional.
- Monitor and manage Financial Advisor’s calendar.
- Monitor and manage sales leads.
- Respond to client requests for forms or sales literature
- Assist with preparing client mailings.
- Prepare routine correspondence; and, completing office tasks such as copying, taking messages, distributing mail items, etc.
- Put together client enrollment packets.
- This position will not perform selling duties, nor advise clients.
To be successful in this position, individual must be skilled in verbal and written communication and have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with external contact. Applicant must also have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently. A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required, and an intermediate knowledge is preferable.
Must consistently exercise discretion in handling client interactions, and in directing clients to the appropriate party for resolving problems or complex issues.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with applicable personal computer applications, including managing Outlook e-mail database, Microsoft Word and Excel, and also acquire and maintain a working knowledge of VALIC sales materials ordering procedures and regulations pertaining to client contact.
- Laptop computer will be provided.
- 15-16 hours per week, Tuesday 3p-7p, Wednesday 2p-6p, Thursday 3p-7p, Friday 1/2p to 5 p
- No securities licensing required.
- Person hired for this position will work in the Regional office.
- Training will be provided by the Financial Advisor(s)
- High school graduate, or equivalent
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Location/Region: New York, NY (US)