First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Answer calls from inquiring homeowners, existing customers, agents, brokers and title/escrow customers.
- Troubleshoot inbound calls from existing customers (as indicated above) and redirect calls to proper departments as required.
- Process Real Estate Applications/contracts.
- Process various contractual changes, such as renewals, new contracts, option ads, drops contract exclusions, cancellations and credit card updates.
- Process auto-renewal preventions.
- Process and send Real Estate invoices as required.
- Process seller’s coverage cancelation/Overcome cancelation requests.
- Verify and update all homeowner contact information and ensure detailed documentation of customer or contact interaction.
- Consistently perform compliant wrap-ups.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of company (FA and Alliance) products, version updates, pricing, promotions and broker agreements.
- Keep abreast of industry, contract coverage and limits, process and procedures.
- Using established procedures performs assigned tasks. Work is routine and instructions are usually detailed.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works under close supervision following work procedures and guidelines
- Requests or issue that are not general in nature are referred to Lead or Supervisor
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fundamental understanding and some practical experience of all of the facets of the Home warranty sales functions
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate to both external and internal customers.
- Excellent organizational skills (Multi-tasking, prioritizing and follow up).
- Demonstration of teamwork skills and initiative required.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding and problem solving.
- Type minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Basic math skills required.
- Knowledge of the real estate or mortgage industry helpful.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-3 years inbound call center sales experience.
- Consistently meeting department minimum expectations.
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Rosa, CA