Directs the course for the provision of quality medical care at Miami Children’s Health System. Provides the leadership to facilitate the academic programs at MCHS and creates meaningful relationships with all physician providers and promotes alignments with appropriate clinical and academic partners. Initiates and implements strategies for MCHS to thrive in a competitive marketplace.
Job Specific Duties:
- Accounts to the President/COO & Board of Directors for the quality, safety, and efficiency of clinical services within the hospital and for the effectiveness of the patient care review and other assessment functions delegated to the Medical Staff in conjunction with the Medical Executive Committee.
- Assists in the recruitment of new physicians. Leads the employed and contracted physicians who carry out clinical and medical administrative responsibilities for MCHS.
- Builds consensus partnerships between the physicians and administration, fosters teamwork, and servesas a communication link between the Medical Staff, President/CEO, President/COO, and Board of Directors.
- Builds positive working relationships among clinical departments and establishes long-term relationships with MCHS private general pediatricians.
- Coordinates administrative and clinical matters with the President and Vice President of the Medical Staff. Communicates the opinions, policies, suggestions, concerns, needs, and grievances of the Medical Staff to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
- Develops priorities for medical and research development of the hospital in conjunction with the Administration and the Medical Executive Committee for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Ensures compliance with Medical Staff bylaws, rules and regulations, implementing sanctions when necessary, and enforcing compliance with measures required when corrective action is requested of a Medical Staff member. Assist with draft for the Medical Staff bylaws, rules & regulations, and Medical Staff policies and procedures.
- Leads MCHS in developing clinical affiliations along with the President/CEO & President/COO.Positions MCHS to be attractive to insurance carriers; oversees and implements care and utilization management initiatives and strategies; assists MCHS in becoming a competitive provider; utilizes strategies to increase pediatric market share.
- Organizes and implements the academic mission of MCHS with assistance from the Research Institute, the Department of Medical Education, Administration, and the Board of Directors. Creates an environment, which supports the academic mission of MCHS including the development of academic affiliations.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with all applicable DNV and other regulatory requirements.Responsible for keeping the Medical Staff informed of the DNV status and recommendation(s) for the Health System.
- Oversees the credentialing and privileging processes of the Medical Staff and allied health providers.Develops and implements methods for credential reviewing and delineation of privileges, continuing education programs, utilization review, concurrent monitoring of practitioners, and retrospective patient care reviews in conjunction with Department Chiefs and Division Directors. Collaborates with the President/CEO & President/COO in the implementation of academic pursuits in administrative and clinical settings.
- Supervises the operations of the Medical Staff Office, Medical Education, Quality Resources, and the Research Institute. Serves as the Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Training program.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School.
- Current Florida Medical Doctor License (at time of start).
- 6 years in clinical practice and leadership experience.
- Lean training and/or demonstration of lean thinking and application
- American Heart Association CPR: (AHA) BLS – active and in good standing throughout employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to use complex mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Ability to work with others in all levels of the organization.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Effectively monitor and develop the abilities of subordinates.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement best practice as well as protocols.
Location/Region: Miami, FL