Director of Nursing
As a Director of Nursing (DON) you will ensure that residents receive high quality nursing care as you oversee the overall management of the Nursing Department. In addition, you will lead and organize the nursing staff in accordance with current federal, state and Hickory Creek Healthcare guidelines and regulations.
- Manage overall operations of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with company policies, nursing standards, and governmental regulations
- Must be able to be on 24-hour call and able to respond to facility emergencies via telephone or in person depending on the situation.
- Manage nursing budget within company guidelines.
- Ensure proper documentation of information in resident records.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding quality assurance initiatives.
- Complete required reporting requirements.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, supervision and employee evaluations of nursing staff.
Hickory Creek operates 16 skilled nursing homes in Indiana and Ohio with one home in Indiana dedicated to the care of adults with developmental disabilities.
- We are a service company committed to the highest standards of professionalism and to continuous improvement in the quality of service we provide to those entrusted to our care.
- Our goal is to inspire confidence, provide stability and render quality resident care.
- We will never knowingly fail to follow any state or federal rule or regulation regarding quality of care; potential abuse; or reimbursement or payment systems.
- We strive to hire and retain personnel of ability, character and dedication by providing good working conditions, training and leadership, and personal growth opportunities.
- We strive to serve as a responsible citizen to our residents and to the communities we serve.