Lead Plant Operator Technician
JOB PURPOSE:Hands on lead person to operate two CO2 recovery units and assist the ice production team in the daily labor and clerical input required to produce, package and ship dry ice.
Shift time: 7:00pm to 7:00am. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team lead; loads and packages dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Coordinates with Asst & Plant Manager to ensure that shift production requirements are met.
- Assists in training and coaches junior operators or trainees.
- Provides input to Plant Manager for the purpose of evaluating production associates.
- Identifies and communicates safety hazards and quality deficiencies to Plant Manager.
- Operates forklift and/or pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver and load dry ice boxes on production floor and trailers.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Data entry of delivery ticket information on a daily basis into the computer system.
- Clean-up functions as required including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
- 85% in production area (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards required the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- 15% office work to provide data entry.
- On-call and shift work required.
- High School or equivalent, preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in a production/manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Self starter, able to effectively direct work teams to meet the production demands.
- Knowledgeable in operating plant equipment (block press, saws, packaging, pelletizers, valves, etc).
- Good communication both written and verbal and basic math skills required.
- Proficient with data entry and manipulation of production software systems.
- Must be in good physical condition and pass company physical test (Intertek Test).
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility.
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 – 50 pounds each.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Primary Location:United States-Mississippi-Star-39167
Job Posting:Nov 2, 2017, 2:26:42 PM
Location/Region: Star, MS (US)