Description Accountemps is looking to hire a skilled Accounting Clerk for an expanding organization. The Accounting Clerk will chiefly be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). Come play a vital role in an environment that offers you excellent benefits, a great work space/office, and a great career advancement opportunity. This is a short term temporary employment based in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.
- Remedy discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Companywide accounting and administration assistance: help with review of customer accounts
- Publish financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Work with Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- Assemble statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Regulate transaction documents, which may require a rewriting of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions Requirements - Data entry experience preferred
- Solid understanding of customer service
- Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Entry-level considered
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA (US)