Description Accountemps is searching for a talented Accounting Clerk for an admired organization. In this Accounting Clerk role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). If you are an ambitious and focused individual, apply today and take part in an excellent benefits package, a top-notch work space/office, and an awesome career advancement opportunity. This is a short term temporary-to-fulltime employment based in the Memphis, Tennessee area.
- Upload financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, via by hand or by electronic equipment
- Compose statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Overall accounting and administration assistance: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Assist Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Group documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Oversee budgets and originate or verify adjustments and transfers
- Square up discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required Requirements - Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- Accounts receivable experience
- Proficient in Excel and SAP
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Entry-level candidates considered Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Memphis, TN (US)