Description Accountemps is looking for an experienced Shipping Clerk. Comprehensive clerical duties, including tracking and maintaining inventories of supplies and goods. In this role, you must be articulate, possess strong interpersonal skills and exercise the ability to multitask. While this is an entry-level position, you will have minimal supervision and will need to demonstrate attention to detail, focus and drive. You will have the chance for advancement and career growth within the company. This Shipping Clerk role is a short term temporary employment opportunity and is located in the Memphis, Tennessee area.
How you will make an impact
- Take on data entry tasks, prepare inventory records and reports, and deal with conflicting documentation information
- Providing customer service to internal business partners
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; provide compliance with Company policies
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Verify material received to determine irregularities, inspect articles and reject defective ones
- Primary responsibility is to count, classify, and maintain an extensive inventory of items Requirements - Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in SAP and Manufacturing experience is required
- Bills of lading experience
- Expertise in Shipping
- Shipping experience desired
- Comfortable with logistics records relating to quantity, cost, and type of material received, in stock, or issued
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Some inventory experience helpful
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Memphis, TN (US)