Ref No.: 17-00677
Location: Fairview Heights, Illinois
Position Type:Direct Placement
-Assignment Detail Job Classification:Technician
Duration:Direct Hire or Contract-to-Hire
-Job Description Title:
Security System Installation Technician Location:
Fairview Heights, IL Duration of Job:
Direct Hire Job Summary:
Installation Technicians are responsible for the start-to-finish installation and upgrading of Electronic Security Systems in residences and small businesses, which includes new construction buildings and retrofit installation into existing structures.
- Provide exceptional service to customers, including working with customers to ensure their understanding of the use, programming, and end-user troubleshooting of security systems and mobile apps.
- Install electronic security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment: intrusion systems, access control, fire/smoke, CCTV, etc.
- Assemble, mount, fasten, and adjust equipment.
- Run and feed wire and drill holes to run wire for equipment.
- Program systems, download and configure software, configure routers, establish IP networks, and configure customer devices.
- Perform test and accept procedures with customers, clean up job sites, and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all work performed.
- Perform service calls to perform scheduled maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot security system malfunctions, and perform necessary repairs and replacements.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must pass a background check pursuant to Illinois PERC Card requirements for all security industry personnel.
- Applicant must pass a drug test.
- Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- 3+ years’ previous experience as an electronic security systems installation technician.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ownership of responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to apply security and confidentiality measures.
- Electrical/Electronics, Low Voltage, and Construction Knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret spec sheets, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, etc.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to perform general labor and physical activities; using hand tools, climbing, using ladders, lifting 25-50+ pounds, driving.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
On-Call Rotation required. Espo Corporation
Willowbrook, IL 60527
(630) 789-2525 Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying please contact us at 630-789-2525.
Location/Region: Fairview Heights, IL (US)