Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Finance Function acts as a proactive business partner, advising and making recommendations based upon financial projections and historical performance. Finance also provides financial expertise companywide and ensures accurate and efficient transaction processing.
Purpose of the Position:
- Support Gorilla business on a day to day basis through creation of financial models, participation on business-level working teams, collaboration with functional experts, and preparation of financial analysis for internal use.
- Support Division Finance for closing, forecast and reporting processes
- Present results and analysis in small and large group settings
- Provide ongoing decision support by performing data analysis, price/ volume, cost benefit analysis, sensitivity analysis and scenario modeling.
- Support growth in new programs through financial modeling, transactional setup, internal control rigor, and risk analysis.
- Month-end closing analytical support - opex reporting, innovation programs
- Monitor business results to ensure accuracy and understanding of reported results. Assist in preparation of division financial reporting requirements.
- Assist Business Controllers in monitoring and forecasting expense spending to ensure accuracy and understanding of reported results.
- Maintain & improve SOX controls
- Division projects as assigned
- Bachelor of Science
- MBA/CPA preferred
- 3-5 years practical experience
- Strong accounting skills with global focus
- Proven analytical skills and ability to link to business impact
- Strong presentation (written, oral) and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix organization
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and work with all levels of organization.
- Ability to establish solid business partnerships.
- Forward looking, innovative approach to problem solving
- Exhibits Corning’s Values
- Exhibits global awareness, sensitivity to diversity
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)