Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Technical level Safety Manager overseeing Safety in the MTE organization globally.
• Oversees and works with a series of MTE-led organizations (e.g., CMS, Decker Labs, Decker Building,
• Person will split his/her time and efforts across the MTE organizations as necessary to support successful safety performance across the entire MTE org.
• Act as a liaison with MTE Asia safety efforts and ensure effective reciprocal sharing among all MTE regions and safety improvements that arise in each region.
• Coordinate with goals and objectives of Global Safety (GMQ). This includes rolling out Safety objectives, standards, EHS alerts (including SIFs), Contractor Safety management programs, participation on the Corporate Safety Council, etc.
• Manage operating budget of MTE Safety, which will also include annual funding to support various safety programs as directed by Global Safety or as requested by business units (as needed) and supported by MTE. This may include but not be limited to: Design for Safety, Robotics Safety, Machine Guarding, LOTO – Arc Flash, Process Safety, PIV/Forklift Safety.
• Responsible for setting and delivering MTE Safety objectives in alignment with Corporate Safety objectives • Responsible for defining and deploying MTE Safety strategy and procedures, as well as tracking performance improvements and providing support as necessary to ensure continuous improvement
• Maintain operation budgets for MTE Safety organization.
• Support projects as requested and collaborate with company and consultant resources to leverage best work practices and to provide additional skill-level support.
Required Education & Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in technical field
1. Technical skills and working experience in Safety
2. 5-10 years of work experience in manufacturing, construction and/or consulting
3. Project Management Experience 4. Minimum of 5 – 10 years of supervisor experience
1. Construction and Project Management experience
2. Green Belt or advanced
3. Experience with risk and statistical analysis
1. Ability to communicate with success across diverse communities (workforce, educational, regulatory, commercial, etc.)
2. Understands and demonstrates the characteristics of an effective team member (reliability, trustworthy, active participation, etc.)
3. Ability to motivate others toward a desired vision, drive change and long lasting enthusiasm
Estimate travel at 20%+ including Domestic and International.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)