Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
This role is responsible for executing the insurance strategy for the property and marine cargo/transit programs
- Management of insurance coverage
- The scope includes all Corning locations, and covers the global policies as well as individual location policies
- Manages the processes necessary to identify, measure, and mitigate the company’s operational and strategic risks related to Corning’s physical operations and shipments.
- Documents and presents the company’s risk profile
- Identifies paths to reasonably mitigate risk, or
- Directs the purchase of insurance to provide risk transfer
- Supervises the work product of related 3rd party service providers, including; brokers, insurance companies, engineering services companies, TPAs, claims adjusters, and actuaries
- Manages the claims process
- Monitors compliance with insurance policies and procedures
- Implements, maintains and manages related IT systems, processes and tools
- Broad plant experience (or experience in MTE)
- Understands internal business processes (AR, project management)
- Seeks ways to define cost/benefit solutions for plant projects
- Information management systems
- Vendor management
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects
- Proactive and driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage up
- 3+ years work experience
- BS in Engineering or Risk Management field
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)