A well-established and medical school-affiliated, Loma Linda University, School of Medicine & School of Allied Health, family medicine practice is seeking a Full-Time Certified Physician Assistant.
This office is dedicated to mentoring master’s level physician assistant graduates for a stellar career as a Certified Physician Assistant with an emphasis on flexibility and personal time.
This position is ideal for someone that would like an equivalent of a Physician Assistant primary care residency to be extremely well versed in the profession and to gain the knowledge level to excel as a top physician assistant. Our organization prides itself in our investment with training and support for our staff members. Our administration team will walk you through all the steps required to get you started in your career with paperwork and set up. We value your need for flexibility and personal time and a good balance between career and personal life
The Supervising Physician is very supportive and fosters a team atmosphere. Supervising physician is always available for questions, and there is a monthly meeting with Supervising Physician to be able to ask questions and go over cases or areas of primary care diagnoses that would improve your performance. This office employs professional management staff to provide quality assurance and control. We are a diverse, enthusiastic, and dynamic team. This medical practice is an award-winning practice for excellence in patient care, service, and leadership in administration in our community.
Geography and Demographics:
Our practice is located in Palm Springs, 110 miles east of Los Angeles, this area is known for its great climate during the winter and spring, and international tourism. Our patient load is entirely insured and we do not accept public programs. It is a middle-class atmosphere. Our patient profile is varying mixed with infants to centurions, multi-level co-morbidities, mental health and issues with public health such as HIV. There is a high senior population, Spanish-speaking population, LGBT population in our practice.
This position entails the following:
1) Seeing a patient load of 14-16 patients each day (some scheduled and some walk-ins) from Monday through Friday
between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2) You report to work at 8:00 a.m. Your lunch break is between 12:30 pm to 1:30 p.m. and the day ends at 5:00 p.m.
3) As a provider, it is required your patient charts from that day are completed the same day.
4) Every third Friday is half-day. Technically you are off by 12:00 noon if your charts are completed.
5) Keep accurate records of patient visits via our EMR system; prescribe medications (All records must be completed the same day).
6) Make follow-up phone calls to patients and other medical professionals as needed
7) Cover physician when he is out of town (no more than 4 weeks in a year; he will call you daily to check in with you)
8) Taking call when required (only phone calls for questions and prescription refills)
9) Make prescription refills via our electronic medical records (EMR)
10) Mastering referral system for the medical health insurances plans we accept, intense training will be provide
11) Assist with the organization of patient information electronically and manually
1) Regular hours
2) All out-patient
3) Minimal on-call by telephone only
4) Annual starting salary is negotiable and highly compensated
5) Paid holidays (14 days)
6) Defined Benefit Pension plan if you are employed for at least 2 years and over the age of 21 years old at time of hire with organization
7) 100% medical health insurance coverage for dental and vision stipend
8) Paid 3 weeks vacation per year (15 days)
9) CME time paid (5 days)
10) Generous conference stipend for each year
Location/Region: Palm Springs, CA (US - 92262)