Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Scope of Position:
- This role will provide oversight and leadership for the planning and deployment of supply chain ERP solutions for new and emerging businesses, working with IT, Finance Shared Services and Supply Chain subject matter experts.
- Defines, develops and manages overall project scope, objectives, timeline, milestones, risk assessments, financial management and projections, communication and change management plans to meet customer needs. Develop policies, processes and expertise to meet business objectives.
- Work with leadership in the development of a project management Center of Excellence (COE) focused on the development and execution of best practices project management skills throughout the GSM function.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Supervises and effectively manages multiple and broad ranges of projects to meet business and corporate goals and objectives.
- Develops an overall project plan that includes: scope, objectives, charter, timeline and milestones, risk assessment, financial projections, performance measures, and communication and change management plans.
- Effectively leads teams to meet project deliverables.
- Obtains and manages project resources, including external consultants.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis using appropriate tools and techniques to understand severity of potential risks.
- Examines project uncertainties that may impact the success of the project, identifying and analyzing the significant risks and recommending proactive work around or mitigation strategies.
- Escalates decision and unresolved issues to appropriate parties.
- Owns a project until a receiver is identified and trained.
- Communicates project goals, objectives, key status information and overall impact of the project effectively with project team members, customers and key stakeholders.
- Partners with Strategic Sourcing and business based GSM resources to negotiate, develop, and manage contracts, as required.
- Leverages third party resources to achieve effective solutions utilizing SRM processes.
- Champions use of Performance Excellence tools.
- Supervises direct reports, as required.
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures compliance.
- Domestic and International travel as required
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Bachelor’s degree Required
Years and Area of Experience Required:
- Experience deploying ERP solutions to support supply chain operations
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross-functional team
- Previous project management experience
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and / or technologies
- Experience with global manufacturing and business through work and / or project experience
- Green Belt/Black Belt
- Experience with global business knowledge
- Change Management training / experience
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Can deal comfortably with more senior managers
- Can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness
- Understands how senior managers think and work
- Can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs
- Can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)