We are seeking a passionate, energetic teacher who is committed to loving and teaching children every day. We believe children learn through all their senses. Children need teacher directed and child directed activities. We seek to stimulate children's natural curiosity so they readily ask questions and explore their environment. The Children's Center follows guidelines set by the national Association of Education of Young Children in planning a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate. Our program is designed with intervals of stimulation and relaxation and a balance between periods of active indoor and outdoor play, quiet play, and rest.
At Galloway Children’s Center we are committed to:
- Sharing God’s love and God’s word with every child everyday
- Teaching children using art, music, drama and storytelling: integrating the Arts into Language, Math and Science and Technology (STEM)
- Serving healthy, fresh vegetables and fruit with a strong emphasis on locally grown produce
- Teaching social skills and helping children understand we all live in our world together
- Providing a full day language enriched program that ensures all children to be kindergarten ready
This is a full time position with a full benefits package including paid Holidays, paid Vacation, an awesome pension plan, health insurance (Galloway pays 70%) and long term disability. Dental and Vision is also available.
Pay is comparable to local public schools, but with a better atmosphere and more flexibility. This is a great place to work with a 40 person support staff.
Applicants must have an Early Childhood degree and at least 2 years experience in a Children's Center.
Location/Region: Jackson, MS