Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWSR is the Decontamination, Decommissioning and Demolition (D&D) sub-contractor at the Naval Reactors Facility in Idaho Falls ID and performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance and construction.
Decontamination Technician - (Pipeline) - Idaho Falls, ID
(A "pipeline" requisition means that the job posting may be used to identify future candidates with skills and experience for future positions. By applying, you are providing BWXT with consent to contact you regarding future openings for similar qualifications.)
Decontamination Technicians are required to perform in an industrial work environment, adhere to specific and complex work instructions, maintain high technical qualifications, and perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
The usual duties of this position include performance of radiological and environmental work and equipment operations required to remove radioactive and hazardous materials in accordance with strict technical work procedures. Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in radiological and hazardous material work areas.
- The handling and packaging of radioactive and hazardous waste and manual and remote decontamination operations.
- Ability to work in self-contained breathing apparatus and operate breathing air systems.
- Ability to operate man lifts, for lifts, and other vehicles.
- Must complete requirements to qualify as a contamination worker with test scores consistent with the local requirements.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Iron Work
- Sheet metal work
- Excavation (Heavy Equipment Operations)
- Overhead pendant/mobile crane operation.
- Rigging loads for lifting and handling evolutions.
- Scaffold builder.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and/or other technical drawings.
- Industrial fabrication.
- Must have high school education or equivalent. Post high school technical education/apprenticeship highly desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain qualification as a radiological contamination worker.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a DOE "L" Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship with no dual citizenship is required for this position
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Idaho Nearest Secondary Market:
Idaho Falls Job Segment:
Technician, Maintenance, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Technology, Manufacturing, Government, Research, Energy
Location/Region: Idaho Falls, ID (US)