Model and Simulation Analysis Engineer Huntsville, AL Opportunity
The Systems Engineer in this role works within the Analysis and Models and Simulations Division of THAAD Systems Engineering providing analysis of Ground Test, Flight Test and War Games and Exercises data produced by both tactical equipment, hardware in the loop and models and simulations.
More specific responsibilities include:
• Participates in the preparation and execution of the THAAD portion of MDA's Ground Test Campaigns and Army exercises in support of THAAD Batteries
• Review and coordination of test objectives and requirements, analysis and preparation of additional equipment and models, such as the Simulation Over Live Driver (SOLD) for use during exercises, development and coordination of test/exercise preparations, as well as participation and support of the exercise, either on site or remotely
• Participates collaboratively as a member of an analysis team to provide data reduction, analysis, development of findings, preparation of briefings and coordination of analysis and briefing
• Additional duties as assigned Requirements
• 15+ years experience in defense and aerospace industries
• Must have experience with Program Office, prime contractor, and other
teaming partner coordination
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and have the individual
flexibility to work multiple actions simultaneously as well as resolve time
• Familiarity with use of MATLAB and programming scripts using MATLAB
• Strong MS Office skills, proficiency
- BS degree Engineering or similar field required
**Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.** Preferred
• Masters degree preferred
• MDA Engineering and Test Communities as well as with US Army personnel project experience preferred
• Understanding of MDA Systems Engineering practices and procedures
• Familiary with MDA Test Planning and BMDS system and element level documentation process to assist with Test Objective development and Post Test Verification activities
Parsons provides the U.S. government with qualified personnel to solve the toughest engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and security challenges. Our staff is engaged in mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both domestically and around the globe. We excel in meeting mission expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
Founded in 1944, Parsons is an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion in 2013; it is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide-as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, defense/security, and resources. Currently, more than 15,000 Parsons' employees are engaged in more than 3,000 projects in 50 states and 28 countries. Collectively, our dedicated workers speak more that 80 languages and hold more than 10,800 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Location/Region: Huntsville, AL