JM Swank, LLC, headquartered in North Liberty, Iowa, is a leading food ingredients wholesaler and distributor serving a nationwide base of food and beverage marketers and manufacturers. We are actively seeking a Transportation Analyst in North Liberty, IA. This position will report to our Manager, Transportation. The Transportation Analyst works closely with our Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Warehouse, Transportation and Finance teams.Job Summary:
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for: (1) the efficient, timely, and cost-effective movement of JM Swank, LLC freight originating within assigned geographical regions; and (2) the efficient, timely, and profitable utilization of JRRW equipment within assigned geographical regions.
Transportation Analysts are assigned to: (1) broker loads equal to or below maximum designated freight rates established for a given territory based on annual JRRW RFP; and (2) utilize JRRW equipment and drivers within established guidelines to assure the satisfaction of the JM Swank and outside freight customers’ needs, as well as secure backhaul freight equal to or above existing market conditions.Job Responsibilities:
- Assures on-time deliveries to JM Swank and outside freight customers.
- Monitors drivers’ activities and hours of service, coordinating and organizing loads for JRRW drivers to ensure legal and safe driving practices in conjunction with timely service.
- Negotiates for competitively priced backhaul freight for JRRW trucks.
- Minimizes deadhead mileage on JRRW trucks.
- Communicates with Sales/Customer Service, Purchasing, and Warehouse personnel regarding status and/or problems with JM Swank freight movements.
- Effectively communicates regarding any special circumstances concerning special orders or driver situations.
- Maintains effective contacts/relationships with existing and potential outside freight customers.
- Performs daily maintenance of TMS system.
- Continually communicates and coordinates territory equipment and freight activities with other members of the transportation team and the Manager as related to the overall operation.
- Executes on-call duties, as assigned, during non-core business hours.
- Generates OS&D reports, as necessary.
- Provides the Transportation Manager with timely input regarding driver personnel performance and problems.
- Executes high level of service to all drivers, promoting positive driver morale (i.e., minimizing wait and call back times).
- Functions at all times to preserve the Company’s image and status for offering preferred customer service.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Associate’s degree or commensurate experience (Bachelor’s degree in Transportation/Logistics or Supply Chain Management, preferred).
- At least three (3) years of dispatching or related experience in the transportation industry required.
- Over-the-road driving experience helpful.
- Strong quality written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and a strong “business sense.”
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and negotiation skills in a complex environment.
- Must be willing and able to function in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail and ensuring the accuracy of work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
JM Swank, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g., U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done, which will ensure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the JM Swank, LLC companies. Please contact JM Swank Human Resources if you are someone with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
About this company
JM Swank, LLC is a national, full-line food ingredient distributor. For more than 60 years, JM Swank has been expanding its distribution model to provide an integrated supply chain from order to delivery. The company transports more than 800 million pounds of product annually and provides expertise in sourcing, distribution, and logistics to customers nationwide.
The company creates efficiencies for both suppliers and customers through its consolidation, warehousing, and delivery of over 3,000 food ingredients. This simple "one call, one truck, one invoice" solution helps customers save time, drive freight savings, and simplify receiving. JM Swank highlights the following core values: integrity, service, and accountability.
Location/Region: North Liberty, IA