About the Organization PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, LA, with the mission of making a positive financial impact on the lives of homeowners. PosiGen pairs energy efficiency retrofits and solar power systems to reduce household energy consumption. We are dedicated to increasing energy independence and ensuring the financial security of the communities we serve. Since our humble beginnings, PosiGen has expanded its solar energy and energy efficiency mission across Louisiana, New York, Connecticut and Florida.
PosiGen’s Vision is to be the world’s most amazing energy enterprise dedicated to delivering freedom, power and pure positive energy to all.
We are expanding quickly, and constantly challenging ourselves to think outside the box to promote solar energy and customer savings. Join PosiGen, and help us make a difference.
The Procurement Manager directs and coordinates purchasing, warehousing, distribution and financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety as well as oversight of the movement, storage, and processing of inventory. Responsibilities also include examining existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Management of the team, inventory, and above all Safety
- Maintains complete and accurate records of warehouse activities and warehouse personnel hours and continually reviews performance
- Insures the security and proper management of the warehouse equipment and materials received and stored
- Oversee receiving and verification freight against receiving documentation, noting discrepancies and/or damage and report findings
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists
- Liaise and negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, manufacturers, freight forwarders, retailers and consumers
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of demonstrating sound judgment and independent decision-making
- Ability to set and drive to goals and measurable objectives
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, related to people and inventory
- Strong leadership skills – ability to organize, utilize and motivate team members and partners not directly manages
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field required OR 5 plus years in solar procurement and APICS certification
- 5-7 years supply chain experience required
- Previous supervision or management experience
- Inventory planning systems experience required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Shift -not applicable-
Position Procurement Manager
Number of Openings 1
Location Jefferson, LA
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)