The Curriculum Specialist designs and develops Dakotah language curriculum to support mainstream instructional standards and immersion instructional standards. This individual will work collaboratively with the project staff to develop and revise curricular materials, resources, scope and sequence guides, training materials, teaching aids, technology, assessments and manages all aspects of curriculum development. This person will promote and build positive relationships with education partners, community stakeholders and tribal leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in curriculum development, education, organizational development is preferred or verifiable applicable experience.
- Experience writing curriculum.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to education systems is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
- Strong research and analysis skills using various methods including databases, survey/evaluation tools, the internet, and reference materials.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and meeting competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tribes, Native communities and tribal schools.
- Ability to work in team environment while demonstrating capacity to solve problems independently and address concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small and large groups. Proof-reading skills and good technical writing skills are required.
Closing Date: February 16th, 2018 @ 04:30PM
Location/Region: Sisseton, SD (US - 57262)