The Procurement Services Department at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Procurement Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the procurements and resulting contracts of the facilities and construction commodities including leadership and team supervision, development of commodity strategies, selection of suitable suppliers, negotiations to ensure best-in class pricing, data analysis, execution of contracts, supplier follow-up, and management reporting. The manager of this team must act with extreme professionalism and integrity. The successful candidate is expected to be a trusted, reliable adviser to the Director of Procurement Services and university administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to direct reports to ensure work is prioritized properly, projects are executed against planned schedules and best practices are followed to ensure customer and procurement requirements are met; while encouraging high performance, innovation and ethical practices.
- Build/maintain an effective team through hiring and/or continued education of existing staff.
- Facilitate stakeholder relationships and provide support for strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Provide leadership in driving standardization, simplification and savings by supporting stakeholders in departments with best practice sourcing, procurement processes and tools.
- Communicate project status updates, successes and issues in a clear and timely manner.
- Provide leadership in the continuous improvement of core Procurement functions including contract management, vendor performance management, data analysis and solicitation development and review.
- Actively participate in resolving any issue or concerns through clear and effective communications, reporting and analysis.
- Actively support the university's supplier diversity program.
- Uphold the core values of the university and the Procurement Services Department.
- Actively manage the solicitation design, sourcing, negotiation and resulting contracts for Professional Services, Capital Construction, Non-Capital Outlay Construction, JMU Term Contracts, Emergencies, Sole Source and others as applicable for Procurements assigned to the position.
This position requires close working relationships with a diverse group of individuals internal to the university and externally with vendors, procurement organizations and various regulatory organizations. This position is responsible for a team of professional buyers by encouraging high performance, innovation and ethical practices. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, extremely proficient in managing multiple high priority projects, possess a positive attitude, be solutions driven and require minimal supervision. Other qualifications include data analysis skills, accounting and financial management experience, strong verbal and written skills including presentation/training abilities, demonstrated superior interpersonal skills, high degree of technical aptitude, excellent negotiation skills and ability to travel on an occasional basis. Preferred qualifications include demonstrated leadership experience, Procurement experience directly related to the facilities and construction commodities and a bachelor's degree in a related field. VCCO certification is also preferred and will be required of any selected candidate within one year of hire.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1184. Salary range is $56,000 - $58,735.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (US - 22807)