Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Corning’s summer internship experience is rich with hands-on learning. You’ll live, work, and experience the communities in which Corning operates, while building on-the-job skills. Interns are expected to deliver results against our business and financial objectives, applying knowledge and practices both independently and as a team. Working with a supervisor or mentor, you will gain work experience while interacting with key technologies, subject matter experts and leaders.
- This position will manage a project to improve processes which drive understanding, review/reporting, and accuracy of global business S&A expense
- The project will involve documentation of current and future process, understanding of system requirements, identification of opportunities, and implementation of improvements
- This position will interact with cross functional teams including HR, finance, IT, and business leadership
- Focus of the project will be improvement in processes which impact charges within and from our international locations
- Enrolled in a undergraduate program for Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Strong accounting skills with global focus
- Proven analytical skills and ability to link to business impact
- Strong presentation (written, oral) and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced proficiency in Excel
- PeopleSoft and/or SAP experience desired
- Ability to work independently
- Drive towards continuous process/product improvement
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)