Title: CDSS Counselor
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a CDSS Counselor.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.CDSS Counselor Responsibilities
To maintain a caseload of trainees in the Career Development Period. To assess the needs of the trainees on the assigned caseload.
- Assist CTR in order to ensure that 86% of all assigned graduates are placed within placement service period.
- Ensure monthly contact with graduates to assist with placement needs.
- Assist willing graduates with resumes, job interviewing skills, and job search skills in employment.
- Provides referrals to all graduates with One-Stops, JTPA, and State Employment Agencies.
- Provide Personal Career Development Plan (PCDP) for trainees to willing gain ownership of.
- Assists trainees with PCDP preparation and updating.
- Assists trainees with personal counseling.
- Assists trainees with career counseling.
- Ensures no more than 2 early loss students per month.
- Assist CTR in verifying all initial and upgrade placements within placement service period.
- Documents all placement services provided to each assignee in the students case notes.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Above average public speaking skills and experience in same
- Above average verbal and written skills
- Above average problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Computer literacy; specifically Internet, e-mail, and Word Perfect/MS WORD
- The ability to work some evening hours and periodic weekends
- The ability to travel periodically
- Four years experience working with youths ages 16-24
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15 Semester hours of psychology is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid State Driver’s License
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.585 Dekalb Avenue , Brooklyn, NY 112054902 USA
Location/Region: Brooklyn, NY (US)