Title: Education Director
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Education Director.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Education Director Responsibilities
- Education Program Management in order to maintain/ exceed alignment with policy and regulations of Kids In Focus, ResCare Corporation and Licensing Agencies.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and documentation relating to Education Department Staff responsibilities.
- Request and review academic records develop optimum academic plan for each client in coordination with Local Education Agency (LEA), Guardian/Placing Agency and KIF Program Leaders.
- Review teacher’s lesson plans to insure that appropriate Standard of Learning Objectives, IEP goals and objectives, and accommodations/modifications are appropriately addressed and implemented.
- Review and edit Academic Progress Reports, Report Cards, Progress Notes, etc. to maintain adherence to regulations and KIF standards.
- Provide guidance, training and resources to assist KIF Program Leaders (Teacher, Therapist, Residential Manager) with implementation/documentation of academic plan and intervention strategies for each client.
- Collaborate with KIF Directors and KIF Program Leaders (Teachers, Therapists, Residential Managers) to provide:
1. Coordination of departmental management,
2. Development of action plans (to address issues, make improvements, develop expanded services, etc.), and
3. Implement evaluations and reviews.
- Provide consultation and directive in order to maintain adherence to Department of Education (DOE) licensing regulations.
- Assist Guardian/Placing Agency and Local Education Agency (LEA) in maintenance of compliance with all education / special education regulations and standards (i.e. preparation for re-evaluation of eligibility, review of IEP’s,
participation in addendum meetings, Standards of Learning SOL/District
- Provide consultation to assist Guardian/Placing Agency and Local Education Agency (LEA) in discussion regarding determination of appropriate placement and services in relation to results of KIF assessments and recommendations.
- All other duties as assigned
Standards of Performance
- Program Development and Implementation
- Time Management and Productivity
- Dependability (Punctuality, Quality of Documentation, Quality of Activity Management, Supervision and Delivery)
- Positive Modeling of Collaboration and Cooperation
- Initiative, Problem Solving, Decision Making
- Self Development
- Compliance with KIF Education Program Requirements
Horizontal and Outside Relationships
- KIF Directors: Executive, Clinical, Residential, Education
- Program Leaders: Residential Managers, Therapists, Teachers
- All KIF Department Staff Members: Residential, Clinical, Education, Administration
- Guardians and/or Placing Agency Representatives, Local Education Agency Representatives (LEA)
- Licensing Agencies
- Representatives of community-based organizations enlisted to provide activities/facilities
- Master’s Degree or higher in Special Education or related field,
- Current Virginia Teaching License.
- Administrative Leadership and Supervisory Experience
- Experience in development, management, monitoring of effectiveness and precision improvement strategies of programs designed to assess and address needs of youth requiring specialized education services, therapeutic interventions and social/coping skill development.
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, and / or a minimum equivalent of 40 hours per week/160 hours per four weeks.
Salaried Position with Benefits: Range Negotiable, dependent upon experience and credentials.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.3800-3810 Meadowdale Boulevard , Richmond, VA 23234-7190 USA
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)