At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Medical Radiographer III is a valuable member of our team, who provides administrative and executive support and has the ability to interface with all levels of management throughout the hospital. Produces diagnostic exams, positions and transfers patients, provides immobilization devices, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and operates equipment.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Medical Radiographer III in the Radiology Diagnostic Department may include the following, but are not limited to:
Brief Description of Duties:
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards, assisting physicians in administering opaque media, responsible for delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures, may be responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technology and ancillary personnel.
- In the absence of the supervisor or senior technologist, may be designated as acting supervisor.
- Assists in performing first aid, as necessary, practices sterile techniques and prevents cross-contamination.
- May conduct periodic quality control tests, will participate or conduct research in required specialty.
- Will be required to teach radiology students or specialty.
- Will be required to teach radiology students or appropriate hospital personnel established procedures and operation of equipment, in accordance with the guidelines and teaching objectives of the department.
Required Qualifications: New York State Department of Health Licensed in Radiology Technology. ARRT Certification. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification. In order to progress to a higher modality you must obtain IV Contrast Injection Certification within the 12 month probationary period.
Preferred Qualifications: Hospital experience.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
To view full descriptions and to apply online, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800043&tz=GMT-05%3A00 (day shift position) and https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800059&tz=GMT-05%3A00 (evening shift position).
Please note: Weekend work is required. The day shift schedule includes work every other weekend (1800043) and the evening shift schedule includes weekends (1800059).
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor¹s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3ddr8q9qrr6kt9kt
Location/Region: Stony Brook, NY (US - 11794)