Job Title - Ophthalmic Technician (full-time)
Location - Battle Creek, MI
At Specialty Eye Institute, we believe a great company starts with great people. Our team of nationally known specialists, highly trained technicians, and assistants work hand-in-hand supporting an unmatched medical team. Specialty Eye Institute provides all the training, education, and support you need to succeed and thrive in a career. Specialty Eye Institute offers a full benefit plan including medical, dental, and flex spending accounts as well as a 401k plan to full-time employees.
- Completes forms including patient, family and social history. Document chief complaint.
- Tests patient’s far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
- Examines eye for abnormalities of cornea, and anterior and posterior chambers.
- Examines eye for any exterior abnormalities.
- Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes. Measures intraocular pressure of eyes (glaucoma test).
- Tests for ocular motility.
- Tests patient’s field of vision, including central and peripheral vision, for defects, and charts test results.
- Measures axial length of eye.
- Gives instructions to patients concerning eye care.
- Assists in LASIK surgery
- Prepares charts, filing, taking payment
- Performs various other duties as requested
Location/Region: Battle Creek, MI (US)