The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant works closely with the physician(s) to provide quality patient care. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant traditionally works under the supervision of a physician as a dependent practitioner and is capable of doing 80-85% of the services rendered by a physician and will see patients in the office and/or hospital setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete patient assessments and initiate treatment (as directed in PA/ARNP supervision protocol)
- Patient education (medication, health maintenance, preventative care, preoperative)
- Cancer surveillance examinations
- Record pertinent data (history, exams, review of systems) in electronic patient charts in a timely manner
- Facilitate referral of patients to outside providers/health care facilities
- Provider to Provider phone calls (including stat call reports and other critical results)
- Provider-directed patient calls when appropriate and necessary
- Share on-call responsibilities with supervising physician on back-up when necessary
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician(s) in accordance to the ARNP/PA�s knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician in the field of pulmonology and sleep medicine
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Holds a current license that is in good standing
- Maintains certification in accordance with Department of Regulations
- Able to obtain and sustain clinical hospital privileges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel distances within the surrounding community
- Good diagnostic capabilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
- Meets the standards set by the Board of Medicine
- Experience in clinical setting preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and communicate effectively in one-on-one and group situations with patients, Physicians, employees and other customers of the organization.
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Fort Myers, FL