CENLA Area Agency on Aging is hiring!
Elderly/Disabled Resource Center Counselor/Wellness Workshop Facilitator
About the job:
Qualified candidates will go to health fairs, meal sites, and other gatherings and provide information on MEDICARE, health issues, and safety. Will also assist seniors and the disabled in a 19 parish area to find the help they need.
- Sensitivity to working with confidential material
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Web-based consumer data entry
- Willing to travel 150 mile radius
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to learn and obtain required certifications
- Excellent judgement, integrity, and positive attitude. Criminal/Sex-Offender Check.
Work Activities include but not limited to:
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
6-month Probationary Period
Benefits Include: Employer Match up to 4% of Salary—457 Retirement; 60% Employer-funded Health, Life, and Disability Insurance; Paid Sick & Annual Leave; Access to AFLAC Insurance
Salary based on experience.
Send resume and contact information to: Joyce Thompson, CENLA Area Agency on Aging, PO Box 13027, Alexandria, LA. OR apply here!