Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
- Serving as the primary administrative support for the tax department
- The role of this individual includes complex scheduling support for tax staff and assisting with department purchasing, extensive travel and expense reports.
- There may also be opportunities to take on project work and non-traditional administrative tasks depending on workload.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for VP and approximately 10 staff members for a group of 30+
- Maintains complex calendars for managers; assist with staff and department calendar’s as needed
- Manages events planning logistics (e.g., meetings, seminars and off-sites)
- Manage department/ project budget tracking. Contact suppliers when expected spend exceeds budget and negotiate
- Proofreads and formats reports and presentations
- Process expense reports and monitors spend to ensure activities are conducted within established budgets. Raises potential issues to supervisors
- Maintain integrity of department files
- Provide orientation and setup for new employees
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements
- Coordinate office moves
- Prepare visa and passport applications
- Maintain department org chart, email distribution list, share drive as needed
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40+ hours per week with flex time
- Associates degree in Business preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 3-5 years’ administrative support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable interfacing with high level technical & management personnel
- Ability to manage up to assist managers to be more effective
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with a hands-on approach to problem solving and taking the initiative
- Team player who enjoys collaboration
- Proactive worker
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)