Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Hunter College, in addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Admissions Specialist will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Assists the Associate Director in managing the Undergraduate Admissions application process to meet enrollment objectives
• Analyzes admissions yield and applicant data trends
• Assists the Associate Director in the development and completion of the department's assessment related projects
• Leads and supervises other staff where applicable.
• Monitors the admission processes for Health Science, Nursing and Social Work selective transfer programs
• Coordinates and reviews admission reconsideration requests
• Attends on and off campus events as assigned
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate must demonstrate:
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills; motivational writing experience is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage
• Ability to collaboratively interact as a member of a team
• Capacity to work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks
• A high level of organization and attention to detail
• Flexibility and resourcefulness working in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of applicable software applications; CUNYFIRST/PeopleSoft and Hobson’s CRM is a plus.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
CUNY is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location/Region: New York