IDx is looking to hire a founding team of National Account Executives to launch what will likely be the first of its kind, fully autonomous, AI-based disease detection device ever cleared by the FDA for use in the frontlines of healthcare. The work of this flagship go-to-market team of National Account Executives will be instrumental in determining the commercial success of IDx and the realization of our mission: to transform the quality, accessibility and affordability of global healthcare through automation of medical diagnosis and treatment.
What we are looking for:
IDx is looking for exceptional individuals to lead IDx’s entry into the US healthcare market. National Account Executives (NAEs) will be targeting large scale Integrated Healthcare Delivery Networks (IDNs) and Integrated Healthcare Systems (IHSs). You will have authority and responsibility for all stages of a high value, complex, medical and technology based, enterprise solution sale offering—from qualifying and prioritizing target accounts, to stakeholder mapping and introductions, through value based proposals, finalizing and executing of contracts, and product implementation.
As part of our inaugural go-to market efforts, the National Account Executive team will also have responsibility for designing, building out, and deploying the systems and processes that ensure maximum efficiency and continuous improvement in our long-term customer facing operations. You will build, pilot, and establish the procedures and approaches that will be the cornerstone of IDx’s commercial success. You will also represent IDx’s corporate values and business culture.
National Account Executives will drive IDx to perform in the manner defined as needed by your customers, and will advise and have the full support of IDx Executive leadership in advancing our commercial success in this regard. At IDx, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished people on the planet. Please see the following link for more on the IDx Leadership team you will be working with: https://www.eyediagnosis.net/leadership.
In this role, as in all roles at IDx, you will have the potential to share in the returns of the commercial success that you drive. IDx offers a fair salary & benefits package, often augmented with an equity stake in the company. IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline—your work will be instrumental in driving IDx’s long term value.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Drive Communications. You will be the direct channel to individual stakeholders and key decision makers driving strategic change in healthcare, and enabling them to understand and benefit from IDx’s vision.
- Understand, qualify and prioritize accounts. You will be bringing on IDx’s flagship customers. The ability to find targets whose needs, interests, and timing align with IDx’s value proposition will be key in setting the trajectory for IDx’s value as an organization, and optimizing fast but controlled growth.
- Prospect. Success will require bringing on new accounts where previous relationships do not exist. The ability to identify and engage key stakeholders and introduce and establish high value high target c-level relationships, from scratch, will be essential.
- Build toward replicability and scalability.
- Work within external constraints. We put patient safety above all else and are fully compliant with all medical device directives and global regulations.
- Relentlessly persist. Much of what we do is being done for the first time, requiring added thought, consideration, determination, and patience. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to create the future of IDx and the diagnostic healthcare system.
- Commit to process. IDx is a data driven company. We record, track, measure, and report back on KPIs and metrics that inform and drive IDx’s performance and continuous improvement.
- Work in a fast paced and quickly changing early stage environment—for real.
- Learn and grow. You will be put in an immensely dynamic and challenging role, and at the same time given an immediate position of leadership, the opportunity to make a difference, and the opportunity to grow into any of a number of roles that appeal to you as IDx grows.
- Take responsibility, while supporting others in their roles as we all work toward a common goal.
- Proven track record of success as technical sales professional including
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and surpassing sales growth objectives
- Proven track record in multi-level selling (i.e. C-Level buyers to user buyers)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and present technical and scientific concepts and data.
- Proven track record of success as Sales/Account lead in managing the entire sales cycle to land multiple high value, complex, technology based, enterprise solution sales contracts each worth $500k per year or more
- Medical Device and/or Health Care System sales a plus, but not required. Experience across multiple sectors valued as well.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Science and/or technology preferred but not required. Additional advanced degrees valued.
- Personal commitment to excellence and unwavering commitment to representing IDx in a legal, moral, and ethical manner.
- Exceptional professional presence, practices, and communication skills—in writing, over the phone, in conference calls, and n person, including C-Level presentations and meetings.
- NAEs can be based out of IDx headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa, or work remotely from anywhere within the continental US.
- IDx office has free parking and our average commute is less than 10 minutes.
- Travel as needed, likely 50% but could be up to 75% or greater based on opportunities generated.
- When surveyed as to why they choose to work at IDx, IDx employees at all levels consistently respond that they value the:
- IDx mission and the opportunity to have an immediate hand in transforming global healthcare
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Team environment and opportunity to work alongside others who are exceptionally bright, who care about each other, and who are all committed to a common goal.
- At IDx you will work alongside the most accomplished people on the planet—from world renowned retinal specialists, to Machine Learning specialists, to a Board of globally successful business and healthcare thought leadership.
- IDx is poised to offer a first-of-its kind AI-based medical device that will transform global and US Healthcare, and an historic, impactful, and meaningful opportunity for all involved in our mission.
Location/Region: Iowa City, IA