Title: State Director Operations
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a State Director Operations.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.State Director Operations Responsibilities
As the State Director of Operations, he or she will be responsible for the overall performance of ResCare operated agencies that provide services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities throughout the state. This position will be responsible for the implementation of ResCare’s Policies and Procedures, Strategic Plan, Quality Assurance Initiatives and drive financial performance through superior service delivery recognized by both external and internal stakeholders. The State Director of Operations also acts as a liaison with government officials and provider associations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Quality and Compliance:
- Provide leadership in delivering all aspects of operational standards.
- Provide all necessary support to agencies to ensure full implementation of internal measures (ResCare Best In Class).
- Ensure all service sites are in compliance with all state and federal regulations without punitive actions.
- Ensure all ResCare and state critical incident processes are followed.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met.
Human Resource Management:
- Work with Regional Human Resources Director to ensure Human Resources Policy and Procedures are followed and appropriate corrective actions are taken timely and appropriately.
- Ensure that all company training curriculum are implemented at all levels.
- Ensure a written work improvement plan is implemented for any direct report not meeting performance expectations.
- Hire, supervise, reward, discipline, and evaluate all direct reports timely and effectively.
- Responsible for developing and cultivating talent for the purpose of succession planning.
- Ensure each service site develops and fully implements a targeted recruitment and retention plan.
- Ensure each service site has a written compensation plan.
- Maintain a clear understanding of company compensation and benefit plans
Financial Performance Management:
- Responsible for ensuring all agencies under their supervision exceed Revenue and EBITDA Targets.
- Responsible for Labor Management of all its agencies to ensure the proper deployment of staff is occurring and meets the reimbursement methodology.
- Responsible for accurate revenue and expense recognition for financial reporting.
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing corrective action plans to improve the financial performance of each service location that is not meeting its financial targets.
- Responsible for reporting and providing financial forecasts and results to Senior and Executive Leaders.
- Participates in the development of annual budgets and operational plans.
- Ensure continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of the agency’s cash flow and management of the billing process (A/R)
Organic Growth and Business Development:
- Responsible for evaluating potential growth opportunities through expanding offered services or development of new business lines.
- Responsible for developing and executing Organic Growth Plans to enhance the company’s position as the preferred provider of services.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with elected officials, regulatory agencies, and referral sources to enhance the knowledge of our services and our company throughout the Human Services Industry.
Requires the ability for strategic management at an executive level, working knowledge of state Residential Services industry, knowledge of financial and business principles with previous profit and loss responsibility. Requires strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to develop functional teams in multi-site operations and possess excellent public relations skills.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred. Must have at least 10 years management experience, five years senior management experience in the healthcare field or similar qualifications from other industries.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensed Administrator, or similar certificates and/or licenses, based on state requirements.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.3700 CORPORATE DR STE 120 , COLUMBUS, OH 43231-4984 USA
Location/Region: Chesterland, OH (US)