ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the Cedar Rapids - Iowa City Corridor for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Chief Technology, Information and Security Officer to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Chief Technology, Information and Security Officer is responsible for establishing, shaping, leading and implementing the company’s strategic direction for technology, IT and security. This role is heavily focused on the mission critical operational, execution and strategic side of technology ensuring secure, enhanced and highly reliable experience for our customers. This executive is a key member of the CEO’s Executive leadership team and participates in all senior team meetings and strategy sessions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In conjunction with the business unit leaders develop the Network Technology, IT and Security vision and strategy to achieve the business objectives of the company and setting the tone and direction for the company’s technologies.
- Establish enterprise architecture, platform, engineering, security and IT standards and governance policies and ensure compliance.
- Lead strategic technology planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies.
- Manage all mission critical core processing functionality, core network, FTTH plant, HFC plant, cable headend, telephone switch and network systems.
- Lead the design, implementation and management of the network operation center, security operations center and incident control functions.
- Develop and oversee disaster recovery and business continuity planning, crisis management and emergency preparedness.
- Oversee capacity planning, network and technology purchasing.
- Oversee security architecture development, access management, administrative security, security education and training, investigations, contingency planning, risk assessments and vulnerabilities and implement safeguards
- Identify and assess technology trends and developments and sponsor new technology and information capabilities to enable business objectives.
- Ensure the full spectrum of policies and practices within the sphere of technology, IT and security comply with relevant industry, legal and regulatory requirements, corporate and contractual obligations and meet principles of sound corporate governance.
- Build and manage a strong technology, security and IT team with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Work with the business unit leaders to provide technology evaluation/assessment for major capital purchases, mergers & acquisitions and partnerships.
Education and minimum qualifications (Skills required):
- Significant experience leading technology organizations and driving success in a young, fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of a broad range of communications technologies including TDM, VoIP, Broadband (DOCSIS and IP) Networks, Cable TV, FTTH, HFC, wireless and mobility, virtual network technologies (MPLS, SD-WAN), platform integration and scalability and data intelligence.
- Proven success and ability to interpret technology trends as a foundation for technology and platform roadmaps.
- Dynamic, nimble, operationally-focused executive with a successful track record of strong execution and delivery with a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the complexities of an organization in a technology and mission-critical high volume transaction processing business.
- Leadership qualities and interpersonal skills that will enable them to attract, develop, motivate and retain the best possible talent to ImOn Communications and to work effectively with colleagues and customers in a highly collaborative environment.
- A track record transforming organizations to drive customer focus, nimbleness, execution and strong partnership with product teams and customers to help develop new opportunities.
ImOn offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA