The University of Arizona is committed to providing personal and professional development opportunities for our employees and promoting a culture of ongoing learning and mastery. Our Human Resources Department has an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in a career in Human Resources and Learning & Development. The Program Coordinator will support our team in coordinating the New Employee Orientation and other Professional Development training opportunities on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus. This position reports to the Program Manager for Professional Development and will provide administrative, programmatic and general human resources support. This team member should enjoy a high level of interaction with others and be comfortable welcoming our new employees and presenting information on key resources at the bi-weekly New Employee Orientations. If you are an organized, detail oriented, self-starter that enjoys a high level of interaction with others this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and schedules program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of program; determines priorities.
- Confers with and advises staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretation; refers to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
- Coordinates activities of program with interrelated activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Prepares periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
- Reviews applications or other program documents independently or in conjunction with supervisor to determine acceptance or make decisions pertaining to program.
- Recruits program participants, members and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
- Develops, compiles and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from development through printing and distribution.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource administration in assigned area.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations in assigned area.
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to stay self-motivated and work independently as a team member.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web based software.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years of administrative/coordinative program experience; OR, six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience creating and analyzing survey reports.
- Experience in customer service and or entry level training.
- Demonstrated expert efficiency with technology and web based applications including Qualtrics, Mailchimp, social media engines such as LinkedIn, etc.
Rate of Pay: $29,443- $39,307 Annually, Depending on Experience
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ