L.B. Foster Company, established in 1902, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
L.B. Foster Company is in immediate need of Heavy Equipment Operators and Production Workers at our pipe coating facility in Birmingham, AL.
Heavy Equipment Operator:
Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for facilitating production through the operation of a pettibone and other front end loading machines while following standard work methods and practicing safe work habits to ensure production is as safe and efficient as possible.
• Operate front end loader/pettibone at appropriate driving speed
• Perform maintenance fluid checks daily, and ensure that ongoing preventative maintenance program is followed
• Assist with minor repairs to the machine and document repairs
• Review current production orders and control plan daily
• Verify materials to be loaded or unloaded are acceptable by checking the purchasing documents
• Operate machines at maximum efficiency levels
• Operate at approved driving speeds and do not exceed rated lift capacity
• Assure ongoing preventative maintenance and repairs are made when needed
• Adhere to safety guidelines and protocol
• Assist with plant/yard activities as needed
Production Workers are responsible for performing a variety of tasks involved in the production of L.B. Foster products while following standard work methods and practicing safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Production Workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Carry out verbal and written instructions from supervisors and leads
• Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions
• Complete jobs in a timely fashion to ensure on time shipment
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
• Set up, adjust, and operate all basic machine tools.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Read and interpret work instructions, then execute work per instructions
• Perform regular and basic preventative maintenance checks and tasks
• Maintain required paperwork and documentation of all work performed on equipment as outlined in preventative maintenance programs
• Work with quality and production teams to identify areas for process improvement
Apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (US - 35214)