Tualatin Valley Water District is looking to fill an Accounting Specialist position. This position will perform a wide variety of technical accounting, billing and related functions applying established District accounting practices and procedures. Compute, record, verify and maintain financial transactions and prepare a variety of reports. Provide essential support to other accounting personnel.
We have a great benefits package to offer the right candidate. If interested, please go to our website and follow the directions on how to apply. All application materials are due no later than February 22nd by 11 a.m. Our webpage is http://www.tvwd.org/about-us/job-opportunities.aspx
Essential Job Functions:
- Process accounts receivable for District activities, including data entry of project accounting information to create invoices.
- Calculate hydrant bills based on water usage and rates to create invoices for customers.
- Prepare and maintain reports, statements, checks, vouchers, spreadsheets and other related financial documentation.
- Provide assistance to staff by communicating procedures and requirements related to the billing process.
- Act as purchasing card (p-card) accountant. Confirm accuracy of general ledger (GL) and project number coding of p-card activity, noting items for external billing or reporting purposes.
- Provide ongoing support for other accounting activities including bank reconciliation, daily cash deposit activity review, travel coordination, payroll preparation, etc.
- Participate in department operational processes including procedure development and implementation.
- Research information, monitor accounts and reconcile discrepancies; review documents and processes for compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- May participate in the District emergency management program including attend classes, training sessions and emergency events.
- Complete other administrative tasks for the Financial Services Department.
- Provide support to the District in promoting and following management control policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of computerized financial management systems and related software.
Knowledge of procedures related to financial record keeping and reporting.
Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
Knowledge of safety practices and procedures applicable to the job.
Knowledge of personnel, administrative, safety and departmental policies.
Knowledge of basic computer operations and Microsoft Office including the ability to work efficiently with spreadsheets.
Skill in computing, recording and balancing financial transactions.
Skill in record and file management and preparing financial statements and reports.
Skill in customer relations and communications, including the ability to effectively and tactfully work with difficult customers and complex customer issues.
Ability to interpret and apply District rules and regulations affecting District purchasing and accounting policies and practices.
Ability to code, record and balance financial transactions accurately.
Ability to prepare financial reports.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful and harmonious relationships with others both inside and outside the organization.
Ability to perform effectively in an independent or team environment, as well as display self motivation skills.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with coworkers, customers and other agencies.
Ability to recognize and keep sensitive information confidential.
Ability to manage records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and District policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
Ability to display TVWD’s vision of delivering the best water, service and value by demonstrating reliability, integrity, stewardship, excellence and safety.
Associate’s Degree in accounting or a related field; and
Minimum of three years of general office experience with at least two years of related accounting experience; or
Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work.
Location/Region: Beaverton, OR