Job Description Job #:
Our client is undertaking an exciting technology enabled transformation program designed to radically improve business performance through the implementation of new business applications, underlying Infrastructure and IT Business. This program includes global change projects such as the implementation of new global enterprise wide solutions as well as local initiatives to improve day to day business operations. The IT Vendor Management Analyst will be managing and/or supporting all IT vendors, contracts, assets and services.
• Build and manage global vendor portfolio; contracts, contacts, spend, renewals, inventory and performance related to software licensing, hardware, telecommunications and other services.
• Collect, analyze and track firm-wide software license information by vendor (i.e. owned vs. deployed) in centralized repository to mitigate risks and enforce compliance.
• Support the implementation of internal processes and policies with adequate controls around contract and vendor management to mitigate risks around vendor life-cycle; vetting (RFx), onboarding, monitoring, audits, renewal and/or termination.
• Partner with IT Teams and Legal to negotiate business terms with IT vendors and partners (large and small), to minimize risk and maximize price efficiencies.
• Solid understanding of a wide array of IT contract forms (i.e. MSA, SLA, SOW, etc.) including; SaaS, Cloud, Software License, Hardware
• Build and create relationships with internal clients to understand their contracting needs
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Supply Chain or related discipline with 3- 5 years of related experience. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of IT Organizations in areas such as procurement, contract management or service delivery processes. Experience auditing to verify and enforce compliance with policies and procedures. Familiar with software and hardware life cycle management processes, acquisition, use, and retirement.
EXPERIENCE: Experience with a matrix organization. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation, be service oriented and team focused with a high degree of initiative and follow through.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient knowledge and use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ServiceNow (ITSM), Vendor Management System, eProcurement.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Candidates must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices. Must thrive working in a continually evolving environment and embrace being a champion of change. Some travel may be required.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (US)