Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of the Position:
- Ensures compliance with local regulations, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures.
- Support Fiber business on a day to day basis for closing, forecast and reporting processes.
- Support business partners through creation of financial models, collaboration with functional experts, and preparation of financial analysis for internal use.
- Reduce inefficiencies in monthly closing & sales reconciliation processes through automation and continuous process improvements.
- Reconcile worldwide fiber sales in ledger with FAR and MSBI and work with Fiber IT Support to resolve issues related to the process. Maintain MSBI as the sub ledger for the business and make corrections as needed.
- Load volume and sales data in Khalix metrics for actuals and commercial short term forecast.
- Interact with Fiber’s commercial/PLM team to maintain and update Sales Rebates on a monthly basis.
- Owns and independently manage/lead financial closing process for OUs 1029/1098 including preparation/approval of journal entries and monthly, quarterly & year-end reporting to Corporate.
- Preparation/approval of Blackline account reconciliations and tasks.
- Resolving Inter-Company Out of Balance issues, ad-hoc reports and support for fiber locations.
- Adherence to internal finance controls including data and reporting standards and compliances procedures i.e. Sarbanes Oxley regulations, internal and external audits.
- Manage Department Operating Expense (DOE) for fiber including monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Conduct periodic reviews with department managers, explain variances and provide roll up versions for BlackBook and GreenBook processes.
- Liaison with Commercial team and Corning Shared Services to manage credit limits and payment related issues for fiber’s customers.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree
- MBA/CPA preferred
- 5+ years practical experience
- Ability to establish solid business partnerships.
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong accounting skills with global focus
- Proven analytical skills and ability to link to business impact
- Strong presentation (written, oral) and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize based on established timelines as well as impromptu requests
- Working experience with PeopleSoft, Khalix
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix organization
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and work with all levels of organization.
- Forward looking, innovative approach to problem solving
- Exhibits Corning’s Values
- Exhibits global awareness, sensitivity to diversity
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Corning, NY (US)