Title: Job Seeker Consultant
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Job Seeker Consultant.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Job Seeker Consultant Responsibilities
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Job Seeker Consultant is akey member of the Jobs-Plus Staten Island to ensure that the program is on track to meet and exceed all placement and retention milestones while serving residents of Staten Islandwith high quality programming.
- Manages a caseload of participants and provides employment counseling and coaching.
- Conducts regular ongoing career coaching services for participant what have been identified as job ready, participating in job search, education activities, job retention services, on-the-job training, resume/cover letter development and/or job readiness activities.
- Develops and fills job placement, vocational training, on-the-job training, or internship opportunities.
- Delivers on performance goals related to career coaching, training/ employment entry, and administrative timeliness and quality.
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains accurate, updated information in both electronic and paper formats reflecting history employment, job readiness pre-screenings and contacts with business contacts.
- Collect and upload current job posting information in system of record/central order unit.
- Develops and refers qualified candidates to current job opening and placement. Follow is with business contacts to verify job entry.
- Works well in teams, business customers and other staff.
- Able to communicate effectively to both oral and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5 years of related experience
- 1-2 years in workforce development or related field preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Does, Internet Research, and social media
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight and occasional Saturdays
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.2417 3RD AVE STE 500 , BRONX, NY 10451-6331 USA
Location/Region: Bronx, NY (US)