The Admissions Counselor, Office of Recruitment and Admissions, will work under the Director of the Office to support recruitment activities, and coordinate the applications review process for the On-Line MSW Program. The individual would support recruitment activities, handle all day to day activities of Admissions for the On-line MSW program, and create Admission reports. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Strong organizational and analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
2. Superior interpersonal skills.
3. Highly developed written and oral communication skills. Capable of presenting Tulane University in a favorable light with individuals, small groups and large groups.
4. An appreciation for the cyclical nature of admission work and the flexibility to handle a variety of duties and projects throughout the day as well as throughout the year.
5. Computer literacy is important to the efficient management of a quantity of work.
6. Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, academic deans and senior administrators, admission staff members, students, parents, guidance counselors and alumni.
7. Because of the wide range of duties and responsibilities associated with this position, an Admissions Counselor must develop and possess:
- A complete understanding of the admission and recruitment policies of Tulane University.
- A detailed knowledge of graduate programs Tulane School of Social Work.
- Familiarity with educational records including high school transcript and evaluation systems, standardized test scores, international educational records, and college transcripts
Experience with university admission process, on-line program recruitment preferred
MSW, or related degree, preferred
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job. Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer. This position will be posted until March 1, 2018.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)