James Madison University Libraries and Educational Technologies (LET) is accepting applications for a full-time Outreach Coordinator. The successful candidate should be creative and enthusiastic and value working in a department that prioritizes collaboration, excellence in services, and engagement with students. The Outreach Coordinator reports to LET's Director of Outreach and Partnerships.
The primary purpose of the position is to plan, coordinate, promote, implement, and assess Libraries and Educational Technologies (LET) outreach activities in close collaboration with the LET Director of Outreach and Partnerships. Outreach activities include social media, displays, events, communication campaigns, and more. In addition to running outreach activities, routine responsibilities focus on leadership and coordination of LET outreach via social media or other avenues, and include content creation, collaboration with other relevant LET staff, and professional communication with library users and other JMU departments on social media. The Outreach Coordinator also supervises student workers and provides support to library users through participation in virtual and in-person service points.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience with successful leading, planning, coordinating, promoting and implementing outreach and programming efforts in a highly collaborative environment.
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences, communicating via social media and other modes, creating strategies for communicating complex projects, and designing or selecting graphics or images to enhance communications.
- A track record of excellence in decision-making, sound judgment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing and completing projects in a timely manner, including tracking the outcomes of projects and providing appropriate follow-up communications.
- The ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and as a collegial peer leader/coordinator among colleagues.
- Internal motivation, curiosity, and a willingness to learn new technologies and approaches for outreach and communication.
- Dedication to high standards for all communications and projects.
- Commitment to quality customer service and collaboration with a strong interest in supporting student learning.
-A bachelor's degree, customer service experience, supervisory experience, and experience working in a library setting are preferred.
To apply, visit our website and reference posting number S1197. Salary range is $33,598 - $36,000. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA (22807)