This position performs accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs assigned account reconciliations and processes all reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Records transactions in journal entries and other accounting systems.
- Assists in monthly closing process.
- Assists internal accounting groups to accomplish departmental goals.
- Researches and records transactions as assigned.
- Reviews recording of transactions for accuracy
- Acts as a contact for assigned properties.
- Review and analysis (variance) of income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Logs and files posted journal entries monthly.
- Interacts with internal and outside auditors to provide required documentation and prepares schedules for the external audit.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks and special projects as assigned by accounting manager.
- Associate’s Degree required (maybe substituted with a high school diploma or GED plus two years of accounting experience in addition to minimum experience.)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Involves no responsibility or authority for the direction of others
- Decisions and impact are limited to decisions and planning within a small workgroup/project team
- Work consists of routine tasks, processes, or operations. The incumbent selects and applies several clearly prescribed, standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Problems are solved by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing them with a supervisor
- Makes routine decisions; work may occasionally involve non-standard assignments; however, the methodology is normally prescribed in detail by the immediate supervisor. There is limited opportunity for independent judgment
- Responds to and handles unfamiliar situations with direct supervisory guidance.
- Has knowledge of office or operational procedures. Performs basic typing/word-processing, bookkeeping, checking of charts or records and posting of information to a database/spreadsheet, following instructions.
- Work tasks are well-defined with clearly stated directions and guidelines. The work steps tend to be the same from day to day and usually cannot be modified. Does not have to solve problems or make judgments. Problems are solved by reporting them to a supervisor.
- Ideas contributed affect primarily this job. Opportunities for innovations are rare.
- Applies established technology solutions and makes recommendations for use of technology to improve individual or small work group efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves as a project team member working to achieve defined goals. Work is typical in nature with very few situations requiring new solutions.
- Requires regular contact within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking information on non-specialized matters.
- External communication with others is minimal. Requires ordinary tact and courtesy.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions of the position are a normal office situation.
- May work alone or closely with others.
- Work is completed sitting at a desk or table with intermittently standing and stooping.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Requires good hearing.
- Requires good near or distant vision.
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Location/Region: Irving, TX