Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa’s Department Hematology & Oncology is seeking a LPN or RN to function as a PhoneTriage/Message Nurse
for its busy practice.Duties include, but not limited to:
- Answer, assist, and/or triage patients calling into or arriving in the department.
- Document patient calls, inquiries, and task physician accurately and within a timely manner using the practice management system and/or electronic health record system.
- Follow department protocols for treatment therapies
- Schedule, reschedule or cancel appointments as requested by referring providers or patients
- Assist nurses with task completion
Successful candidates must have excellent communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly, written and oral, to patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians, and staff. Current CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 90 days. Must be an LPN or RN The successful candidate must maintain patient confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times. The qualified individual will be patient focused and must work well with team members. Must also have a high level of comfort in working with computer systems.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. PCI is a tobacco free workplace.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA